Navigation Zimmer buchen  Anreise
Impressum / AGB | Datenschutz
Bitte geben Sie einen Suchbegriff ein



Wellings Romantik Hotel zur Linde

Wellings Romantikhotel zur Linde
Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine Slideshow

Since 1871, food and drink were offered in the "Gasthof zur Linde" (lime tree inn) by the landlady "Tante Bill", who served her guests in a Grafschafter bonnet and white apron. The name was given by a natural monument, the 400-year-old village lime tree, which fell victim to a storm in 1964.

Maria & Elmar Welling took over the "Linde" in Repelen in 1984 after completely redesigning it and adding more than 30 hotel rooms and four function rooms. A new lime tree was planted, which meanwhile has grown into a stately tree again. And so the business developed.

In 1997, the first stage of expansion started. The main house was connected to the neighbouring farmhouse and the various individual rooms of the Lindenhäuschen were created. The garden also changed into several small terraces and the big chestnut tree was planted.

In 2000/2001, the hotel area was expanded with the construction of 26 hotel rooms and suites in the "Kreativ-Bereich", a conference centre, the wellness area and the lobby.

At the beginning of 2017, the next generation - Eva Welling and Falko Welling - took over the business.

The gastronomical concept of the Linde, with it's elegant atmosphere, has been continuously restored and expanded over the years with great attention to detail in various interiors. With great sensitivity, it has been possible to combine history with a modern zeitgeist.

Wellings Lindenhof

Wellings Lindenhof
Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine Slideshow

The farm estate with its manor house and farm buildings on a total area of more than 3 hectares,  situated idyllically on the outskirts of Neukirchen-Vluyn, was bought by the Welling family in the late summer of 2006.

From then on, every free minute was spent on cutting down and planting trees, weeding and redesigning the grounds - as one would expect - to turn this property into a little paradise as well.

After many months of intensive work, the Lindenhof is now used for outdoor activities such as archery, boules and "Boßeln".

Wellings Parkhotel

Wellings Parkhotel
Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine Slideshow

In August 2008, the opportunity arose to expand the facilities by purchasing a third property.

After four and a half months of total renovation, Wellings Parkhotel in Kamp-Lintfort opened in January 2009 with 60 hotel rooms and 9 function rooms with different designs, just 4 km away from Repelen.

This hotel combines classic elegance with modern comfort. The exclusive atmosphere is designed to create an extraordinary feeling of well-being. Other than the Linde, this venue impresses with its spaciousness and the charming flair of the park with a lake and the seminar garden.

However, there is no stagnation in this building either. Change and expansion is ongoing. Already in 2011, the beautiful suites were created in the "Haus der Alleen" and in 2012, the restaurant Sommergarten and the wonderful lakeside terrace were built and redesigned. As a complement to the culinary experience, the Wellings transformed the hotel bar into a cosy pub.

In October 2016, a big new project began, the construction of 80 hotel rooms with spa and swimming pool and the expansion of the conference and event area. The result was the "Haus der Ideen" (House of Ideas), which opened in September 2017.

At the beginning of 2017, the next generation - Eva Welling and Falko Welling - took over the business.

The venue is developing more and more into a local recreation area on the Lower Rhine.

Johanniskirche Rayen

Johanniskirche Rayen
Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine Slideshow

The "church on the hill", as the Johannis Church is also often called, originated from the efforts of the Protestant Christians in the village of Rayen to form their own parish. In 1881, the farmer Johann Neenrath donated 6,000 Marks to found Rayen's own church. Given that the annual salary of a Protestant pastor at the time was 1,800 Marks, one can appreciate how generous the donation was. Thus, in 1883, a free "Association for the Foundation of a Protestant Parish at Rayen" was founded by the Protestant residents of Rayen and the surrounding area. Thanks to a donation by August Achterrath, a cemetery could be established on the hill in Rayen in 1888, and another citizen, Heinrich Tersteegen, donated the area for the construction of the church, so that on December 18th 1894 a simple prayer room could be inaugurated for all funerals, for all Bible studies and for all church festivities.

However, it was not until 1929, when the Friedrich-Heinrich colliery agreed to supply building materials free of charge, that the cornerstone for the bell tower could be laid. In 1932, the two bells bearing the names Johannis and Paulus were put into service in the 26 m high tower.

In 1975, the Rayen Protestant Church Association dissolved and transferred its property, especially the Johannis Church, to the Protestant Church Parish of the city Neukirchen.

The coal mining under Johannis Church was not without consequences. In particular, the tower began to noticeably tilt in 1975. The Ruhrkohle AG proposed to demolish the church and offered a subsidy of 160,000 DM for a new building elsewhere. However, the Rayen people insisted on their church. In the end - Johannis Curch had been designated a historic monument in 1981 - RAG took over the renovation and placed six hydraulic rams under the tower to ensure its horizontal position and surrounded the foundation with a "corset" of steel and concrete.

In 2017, the Welling family acquired the church and the community hall, so that - after renewed consultation with the RAG - extensive renovation work in autumn 2018 restored the now crumbling splendour and charm of the church. From 2019 onwards, there will be regular cultural events, while at the same time the Johannis Church will remain dedicated as a fully-fledged church, so that services will not only be held on special holidays, but there will also continue to be wedding, baptism and funeral services for residents of Rayen.

Cookie Einstellungen bearbeiten
Hotel zur Linde


Welllings Parkhotel